We visited the Casa Grande Ruins near Tuscon, AZ. Casa Grande means great house in Spanish and the building was huge. The park service built a cover over it. The great house is four stories tall. In the village around the house there were one and two story buildings. One of the buildings even had a secret room. This group of buildings were built by the ancient Sonoran Desert people around 1350. The buildings were abandoned about 1400. No one is certain why.
We completed the junior range program and attended a ranger led program. Casa Grande was cool!
Written by Marcus